simonw Posted March 1, 2017 Posted March 1, 2017 Hi Out of the blue the following keys have stopped functioning, they are all in the same area of the keyboard, have I inadvertently used some obscure key combo to disable them......? 7,8,9 U, I, O J, K, L M, ,> and the comma key is working fine, thus the gap between 'M' and '>' (before you ask, I'm using a different machine to post this!) Cheers Simon
r0cketbev Posted March 1, 2017 Posted March 1, 2017 https://turbomanage.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/mac-tech-notes-phantom-numlock-stuck-keynote/ Hi Simon sounds like you have num lock on follow the info in the above link to help you turn it off. RB
simonw Posted March 1, 2017 Author Posted March 1, 2017 Hi RB, Thank you for the info, I've followed those notes, but I still have the same problem. My password also contains '7', but it only works if I reboot the Mac. Can you help any further? Cheers Simon
simonw Posted March 1, 2017 Author Posted March 1, 2017 Hi RB Now solved. I was disabling the mouse keys in the General tab of System Preferences/Accessibility, I didn't think to scroll down to the Mouse and Trackpad tab. Changing here as solved the issue. Thanks once again! Simon
r0cketbev Posted March 1, 2017 Posted March 1, 2017 (edited) No problems glad we got it in the end. Edited March 1, 2017 by r0cketbev
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now