hipsterdoofus Posted February 22, 2017 Posted February 22, 2017 Hey all, I'm in a public library environment. Some of you may be much more knowledgeable about blackboard products being in education. We had a patron request we install blackboard collaborate on our public computers so that students could access live lessons from a library. I am looking into the feasibility of this, not knowing a lot about the software. I mean first off, it looks like it uses Java, which makes me a little scared to use it anyway. Unless they use their own sandboxed JRE version, that seems likely to be a problem every time we update Java on our computers. Additionally, from what I can tell, it installs under application date per user. I haven't found yet an install that is for the whole computer. Additionally, we keep our computers fairly locked down via group policy, so I don't know if that would even allow it to run. So I am seeking out information from those of you that may have worked with this to see if it is (easily) possible. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now