Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

email alias no longer working since changes to email policies in Exchange console


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

We have an Exchange 2010 environment where for some users we have additional email alias set, however we have found these no longer work after making changes to the email policies within Exchange.

 

our environment was upgraded from 2003 and before that Exchange 2000.

 

We are in the process of changing our email domain name due to a brand change so had to make some changes to our email address policies to add in the new domain name, we did have to amend the existing email domain policy and I think by changing that it may have caused our email alias to stop working. the reply email which is set as default is working as expected e.g. [email protected].

 

Looking through the settings I think if I edit the email address policy and enable 'email address local part', could this fix that as I have noticed it is not enabled. If I was to enable this setting would it work for the original default email address whilst also work for email aliases?

 

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...