Gronwold Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 (edited) Hi, I have written a short piece of VBA code for outlook using bits of code I have found on the internet and assigned it to a button on the toolbar, with the aim that when I want to update the task I click the button to run the code that then creates a timestamp, and a solid line to signify a new entry. However, when I run it I would like to get the cursor to position itself at the start of the main text body for me to start typing. I have tried objItem.Move wdstory, -1 but it doesn't work, hence turning it into a comment. Does anyone know how to modify this so that the cursor positions itself correctly so that when I click the button I can just start typing without having to click the start of the main text body? Many thanks, James Sub StampDate() Dim objOL As Outlook.Application Dim objNS As Outlook.NameSpace Dim objItem As Object Dim strStamp As String On Error Resume Next Set objOL = Application Set objItem = objOL.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem If Not objItem Is Nothing Then Set objNS = objOL.Session strStamp = Now & " - " & objNS.CurrentUser.Name objItem.Body = vbCrLf & vbCrLf & strStamp & vbCrLf & "____________________________________________________" & vbCrLf & objItem.Body ' objItem.Move wdstory, -1 End If objItem.Body.Select Set objOL = Nothing Set objNS = Nothing Set objItem = Nothing End Sub Edited January 23, 2017 by Gronwold
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now