Rescueops Posted January 11, 2017 Posted January 11, 2017 Hello I am new to Visual Basic I am looking to build an app for a school. They just got chrome books on back of them they have a barcode sticker which is used to label every unit. The students id card barcode has id number of like 79514325 and the chromebook stickers have a id of C0345 . what the program I am thinking of is like a check out so when you scan the ID card and chromebook it logs it to a database to monitor and keep log who has what chromebook out. the scanner would need to be a barcode scanner. I like them to scan id card first then chrome book. if they do it in reverse order should trip a sound or system to tell them it didn't work. Could this be done I have a very basic understanding of how to use vb but am good at coding.
Grazza Posted February 14, 2017 Posted February 14, 2017 Yes this could easily be done in VB. You can use a standard Bar code scanner, which acts like a keyboard to put the returned scanned code into a text box/variable and then loged into a database. Regards Graham
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now