Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have the following setup:

 

3 x clustered vmware (v6.0) hosts all using a backend SAN (storing all VMS and data)

1 x vmware host which hosts a Windows 2012R2 server using all 7.2TB of HDD space running Veeam for backups (reverse incremental with 30 restore points and backup space used is around 1.9TB).

 

At the moment I have no offsite backups and want to try and correct this. I have an External USB Tandberg RDX Quikstor 8428 unit and 6 x 2TB 'tapes' as well as spare server with 1TB of storage space with an internal Quikstor device. As far as I can see the USB Quikstor 8428 is not supported by VMware. At a very basic level i just want to at least backup the backups, does anyone have any suggestions how best to use these devices and Veeam to achieve this?

 

Cheers

 

Nick

Posted

I think i may just install Windows server on the spare box, map the drives to the veeam box and go from there using, as you say, the backup copy function and get a third copy onto the Tandberg cartridges.

 

Cheers

 

Nick

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...