Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have set up GADS to create groups and users in Google from our AD. Creating the new users works fine but I want it to exclude certain user OUs from the sync but no matter what I put in the exclusion rule it gets ignored and the OU I want excluded still gets looked at.

 

As an exlcusion rule in "Org Units" i have put

Exclusion Type = ORGUNIT_DN

Match Type = EXACT

Rule= Year13CA

 

 

I was under the impression that this would exclude this OU but when I run a simulation the results show that the OU still gets looked at.

 

Am I doing this wrong if I want GADS to only look at certain OUs when creating users?

Posted
For mine I have MatchType set as substring, not sure if that is why mine work.

 

I have tried putting 'Year13CA' as a substring aswell. Still didnt work. Can you tell me what you have as the LDAP DN under your Org Units mapping? Does it point to the root of the school Users OU as ours does?

Posted
@fiza in mine I have the rule as the distinguished name i.e ou=compexams, ou= users etc. Set it as a sub string match and works for me.

 

I just tried that. Same result. I have a ticket open with Google someone should get back to me today.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...