geekwannab Posted February 11, 2008 Posted February 11, 2008 I recently upgraded the functional level on my server from native to 03. Now I cant logon into the domain from my laptop that is running vista untimate. can this be anything to do with the functional upgrade not compatable with vista? oh I can access the server files from a user account on my laptop by the command \\server01\newfolder plus I can logon via remote desktop connetion but I cant logon when the my window first logon page. please help
ThatBoringBloke Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 its unlikely to be anything to do with the functional level upgrade since this affects only dc's. have you tried re-attaching the laptop to the domain? 1
geekwannab Posted February 12, 2008 Author Posted February 12, 2008 (edited) what do you mean? going to my laptop's system properties and re-enter the "member of domain"? Im at work now but will try that when I get home, thanks for the idea Edited February 12, 2008 by geekwannab
kmount Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 He means re-attach as in change it from a domain > workgroup and back again. 1
geekwannab Posted February 12, 2008 Author Posted February 12, 2008 tnx will try that when i get home.
geekwannab Posted February 12, 2008 Author Posted February 12, 2008 hey it worked!!! all I had to do was go into system properties rejoined the domain and reboot. Thanks Simon and kmount
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now