Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Advice Req RE: What PCI Card for Airport/XP?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got an iMac and I'm using an Airport. I've also got an XP box that has a Belkin 802.11g Wireless LAN PCI Card in it. The wireless performace is really choppy on the XP box. I think it's a compatibility issue because the Belkin and the PC behave themselves on my Netgear/Windows wireless network.

 

Can anyone recommend another 802.11g Wireless LAN PCI Card. I've been told to get a D-Link but I'd rather hear from others what they recommend first.

Posted
netgear or linksys ?

 

From what you have said I would try netgear first because your wireless AP is netgear

 

Only on my PC wireless network. On my Apple wireless network it's an airport but I need to connect this XP box to it & the Belkin card in it doesn't seem to like the Airport.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...