nick3young Posted June 20, 2016 Posted June 20, 2016 Hi All, We are having an extremely strange problem where Outlook 2010 is defaulting to 'French' for the spell checker. My observations are: It is only effecting our ‘staff’ users (indicating it is a GPO setting somewhere? – not one I have consciously changed though). Student and Admin users aren't effected by the issue. It only effects Outlook in the Office suite. Settings are identical in Word, for example, and that spell checks correctly. The settings appear correct under 'Language Preferences' in Outlook but under 'Proofing Language', it is set to 'French'. Changing it back to English fixes it until the next logon. Anyone come across this or know how I might sort it? Cheers Nick
elsiegee40 Posted June 20, 2016 Posted June 20, 2016 I remember having a battle with something like this years ago and vaguely remember that doing it in Outlook alone wasn't enough. I think it had to be sorted in Microsoft Office Language Preferences too.
nick3young Posted June 21, 2016 Author Posted June 21, 2016 I've cracked it. It was an issue with a shared 'normalemail.dotm' (I hadn't realised it was shared so don't know when that happened!). I'm guessing one member of staff must have changed the default on the template to French.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now