Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

My colleague has set each user up with a personal share as their home drive, since moving to Windows 8.1 we are getting some issues where users cannot delete files/folders within these locations.

 

Checking the permissions he created on each share and the NTFS folder permissions these look correct to me (there’s no inheritance applied)

Full Control – IT Admin

Modify + Delete + Delete Subfolders and files – The user themselves.

 

For some reason they cannot delete anything but when I run effective access to check what they can see they have access to delete files.

 

GrrrNTFS.jpg

 

I plan on rebuilding the personal shares over summer to map this within AD but was wondering if anyone has come across this before as I am stumped no changes have been made to this what I'm aware of and it's only popped up the last few days.

 

Thanks in advance!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...