Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All

 

We use Yammer Basic in our organization just as an internal social media system to spread news etc.

 

We have recently learnt that our organization name will change along with our email address domain and all the rest that is involved.

 

I have been tasked with looking at Yammer and how we go about making the change and just had some questions.

 

•I have looked through the admin page on Yammer and see that I can change the Network name to our new organization name but how would I go about changing all the email addresses within Yammer. I am aware that we need to make the changes on our email system first but is there a way to import the users with the new email addresses but not for them to lose the content they have already put on Yammer?

•I have read on a few posts however they are very old that its not possible to do this with the basic version and it will create a new instance. If that is the case what are our options? We also hold an enterprise licensing agreement with Microsoft but don't believe we have the use of Yammer enterprise.

•If we started from scratch using the new domain would we have a mechanism to migrate the old data into the new and recreate any groups?

 

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...