round2it Posted May 20, 2016 Posted May 20, 2016 Just looking at veeam, can I have a dedicated server that runs veem to backup my other vms or do I need to install it onto my main vm host. Hope that makes sense.
Steve21 Posted May 20, 2016 Posted May 20, 2016 The main server/console is installed on the backup server (whichever you want this to be). It then automatically installs transport roles/services on the HOSTs when you add them in Steve 1
zag Posted May 20, 2016 Posted May 20, 2016 (edited) You don't need to install anything manually. Veeam does it all for you on first install or when adding a host. It does install a small agent to help with some things. In the old days I don't think it even needed that but it has a lot more functionality now like individual file restores. It pushes all this out automatically so there is no interaction required other than when you upgrade the main veeam install. Edited May 20, 2016 by zag 1
round2it Posted May 20, 2016 Author Posted May 20, 2016 I only ask as I want to give it a try quick backup and restore of a non critical vm
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now