Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

For a home computer I have dm_cache in use as I only have a 64GB SSD that I use as a cache disk as a kind of hybrid to the magnetic disk.

I need to install windows dual boot so how do I utilise my cache disk or will windows just 'see' it ?

Posted (edited)

If your main disk is spinning rust you can tell windows to use the ssd as cache by using readyboost. You should also stick your page file on there. I imagine some partitioning of the SSD will be required as you'll break dm-cache.

 

If this was a windows only PC, you'd see more benefit if you put the OS on the SSD, even though it's only 64Gb.

Edited by Geoff
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...