jmak Posted February 23, 2016 Posted February 23, 2016 Hi all I'm preparing to deploy Chrome but not getting the results I want. I want to install it and some extensions as well as set the home page. It installs correctly and the extensions install too, but the home page doesn't set. Then the next time I log on, the extensions disappear and Chrome earns me it's not the default browser any more. I have installed the extensions on my machine manually and they stay where they're supposed to. It's only the GPO installed extensions which are disappearing. I'm using the ADM as I couldn't get the admx template installed. My DC is 2012r2 - could it be an incompatibility with the old fashioned template? Or should I be looking for conflicting Internet explorer policies? Or something completely different... Thanks
ADMaster Posted February 23, 2016 Posted February 23, 2016 Hello, Have you copied the admx and adml files into the policy definitions folder on sysvol? That is all you need to get the admx version to work. I have the home page set in multiple places, so I'm not sure which one it is using. There is start up page, home page, and open these tabs on startup. Are you setting these policies on the computer or user section. In theory a machine policy has the highest priority. https://support.google.com/a/answer/187202?hl=en To help trouble shoot gpresult /h and chrome://policy are your friends. Cheers 1
jmak Posted February 23, 2016 Author Posted February 23, 2016 Thanks - I'll try and have another look later. That's what I tried yesterday, but nothing showed up in Group Policy Editor. Presume as it's the sysvol folder it shouldn't matter which DC I copy it to?
ADMaster Posted February 23, 2016 Posted February 23, 2016 If replication is working it should not matter. However you can choose what DC to connect to in GPMC if you think there is an issue there.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now