Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have been asked to help set up for a BTEC assessment where the students need to show how they go about installing windows, installing software and install drivers.

 

I can get them to install Win7, I can get them to install office but what about installing drivers? Windows 7 recognises all the kit (printers, cameras etc) we have in school and auto loads the drivers from its repository, you don't need to go hunting for the right drivers on the net.

 

What is the best way for them to show "how to install drivers"?

Posted
Disable plug and play service? :p Assuming these are test machines etc

 

Steve

 

Its 1 machine. The idea was to format the hard drive and then hand it over to the student with a windows disk and an office disk. They would then get it up and running. Once finished I would then format the hard drive again and on to the next student. Theres only a handful of Y12 students doing this.

Posted

You considered using XP rather than 7? :) That's what we use for it, and obviously XP sucks at finding drivers for USB devices :D

 

Or did you need 7 now?

 

Steve

  • Thanks 1
Posted
You considered using XP rather than 7? :) That's what we use for it, and obviously XP sucks at finding drivers for USB devices :D

 

Or did you need 7 now?

 

Steve

 

I think it can be any OS.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...