Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I think I understand how a Superscope will work, but just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

 

We were given an IP range on a 255.255.255.0 subnet which gives us 254 clients. We are getting close to maxing out on the addresses available.

 

We are moving to an external internet provider soon and will be able to choose the IP range. I don't want to change the current IP range, but I want to future proof us. It seems superscoping will do what we need (we can keep our current range and also add other ranges)

 

So if currently we have 172.66.23.1 - 172.66.23.254 on 255.255.255.0

 

Could I add 172.66.24.1 - 172.66.24.254 on 255.255.255.0

and 172.66.25.1 - 172.66.25.254 on 255.255.255.0

and 172.66.26.1 - 172.66.26.254 on 255.255.255.0

 

So as long as all these ranges are configured on the router and I create a superscope on DHCP, all should work? or have a missed something.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...