Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey all.

Would just like to pick your brains for a moment. Right now we are running XenApp 6.0. This has been working okay but we are looking to migrating to Microsoft RDS. At present XenApp is running in a cluster of 7 Dell R610's. We are running the free version of ESXI 5.5 on each of the servers with a single instance of Server 2008 on each box.

I was just wondering whether I should install the servers onto bare metal, or should I keep them in a virtualized environment ? Normally I would be in the 'VIRTUALIZE ALL THE THINGS!' brigade but being as it would be spread over a cluster with a single machine on each box would it be just as easy to keep a master image and just redeploy if something goes wrong ? What are peoples thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...