Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

We are trying to print three year groups individual reports.

When we use either the data ladies PC or my PC everything appears to be OK - the problem is our printers are dog slow.

 

So, I am trying to do the same thing on the PC in reprographics (speedy printer) but when I click on print, for some reason it goes to "Imaging" with an error that says "The document's format is invalid or not supported"

 

I have no idea why it is going to "Imaging" instead of a printer.

 

Is there a way of setting up a printer in SIMS? I have had a look through the menus but cannot see where I can set up a default printer.

 

Cheers

Terry G

Posted
SIMS uses your PC's default printer. Have you tried checking the settings on that? Try printing from Wordpad and see if all behaves, and work up from there.
Posted

Make sure Office is installed. Ideally the same version that you have on your PC. Also make sure that in file associations, .xml is associated with Office XML Reader (I think that's what it's called). It then determines if the XML is Word/Excel/Other and sends to the appropriate program.

 

Other ways to test would be to open an existing report from a student profile, or just try to preview the one you want to print.

 

SIMS should take your default printer, so make sure it's the correct one. Using reprographics is really helpful for reports. You just might need to stand there and tap the pages to keep them straight if the machine doesn't have a tapper device ;)

Posted

Yeah, the printer is working fine from word / wordpad etc.

 

It just seems to be trying to use the "Sharpdesk Imaging" instead of going to the printer itself. I was hoping there would be a nice easy checkbox to tick in SIMS to tell it where to print.

Posted

Some apps remember the last printer. Is sharpdesk set as the machine default? SIMS will look there.

If it is set, close SIMS, change the default then back again, then try again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...