Andrew_C Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 OK, the back story. Many years ago, before I had a phone line, never mind broadband at home, I used my work address for all emails. After a while, I moved my personal stuff to a USB stick (backed up of course) so I could access them at home as well as work. Then I went GMail for personal stuff, then came web-mail for work. So, the .pst files on my stick languished as I had no need to look at the messages any more. I'm now wondering what is in fact on there. Can I remember what my password was when I last opened them? Not so much... Can anyone offer free/cheap ways in to them?
Dos_Box Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Does this help: Remove a password from an Outlook *.pst File (see remove forgotten passwords section)? On another note, I can faithfully predict that this thread will now become the internets largest spam magnate for 'PST Recovery' utilities
Dos_Box Posted December 4, 2015 Posted December 4, 2015 Hello Andrew, Yup,agreed with Dos’s comment "I can faithfully predict that this thread will now become the internets largest spam magnate for 'PST Recovery' utilities.." Well, let me explain this prospect. Outlook creates two different types of Outlook Data File (ANSI & UNICODE). On the one hand, there is a free utility (the same thing has mentioned in the given source) called pst19upg.exe which bypasses the lost password of ANSI PST file. On the other hand, there is no any method to unlock UNICODE encrypted Outlook Data File. With considering this fact, third party vendors like Stellar, SysTools, Kernel, Disk Doctors took over the market, programmed tools in past few years that can recover lost password of UNICODE PST files and always gravitate towards such types of fourms to promote them. To keep this thread from becoming a link magnet, Admin should button-up this discussion right now as the answer provided by him is only going to does the trick. Regards Albert Paul Lololol! See? What did I say
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now