SimonCygnetIT Posted November 19, 2015 Posted November 19, 2015 Hi all Does anyone know the impact of creating multiples of these please? When dealing with things like the Teacher App it seems to be a default response from the helpdesk to create a new External access account even though I have done a couple already for the school. Slightly concerning.
vikpaw Posted November 19, 2015 Posted November 19, 2015 I'd give them the same account as used previously - if it's for the same support team. Though from your point of view, having isolated accounts means you could track who did what. How many do you have that are still live. I'd expect you create one, they use it, then you disable it until next time.
SimonCygnetIT Posted November 19, 2015 Author Posted November 19, 2015 It's Capita's helpdesk that give out the solution to re-create the external access account. It's used for running things like SLG, Teacher App, InTouch. I don't ever disable them as don't really know much about them. Are they simply SQL logins which I can disable via SQL Management Studio?
vikpaw Posted November 19, 2015 Posted November 19, 2015 Not sure, depends how you create them. I was assuming they are regular accounts that you give to them, an 'external' agency. In which case you can deactivate as with any other account. Can you share the instructions minus any sensitive info?
Greg Posted November 20, 2015 Posted November 20, 2015 The SQL accounts are created by a Capita utility. They are required for different services. The benefit of having multiple accounts is if there's an issue with one account (it happens) then only one service will go down. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now