HappyAdmin Posted November 13, 2015 Posted November 13, 2015 Hi, We are fairly heavily down a Google Apps / Chromebook route, and our IT teachers are struggling to find a decent tool for teaching databases online. They like Obvibase.com in principle, and it does what they want, but we are finding it very unreliable in use - it keeps timing out, and typically only a small part of a class can get on it successfully. I just wondered if anyone else has encountered anything for this which is working well in their school? (BTW, please don't suggest a spreadsheet - it might well do the task, but the whole point is to teach them about databases and their differences from spreadsheets, as I understand it.) Thanks for any suggestions! Ben
CyberNerd Posted November 13, 2015 Posted November 13, 2015 You could setup https://www.phpmyadmin.net/ either on a local or remote server.
HappyAdmin Posted November 17, 2015 Author Posted November 17, 2015 Thanks - that's an idea I'll check out when I have time. Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now