Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Deploying Office 2016


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm struggling to deploy Office 2016. We don't have SCCM and all the help guides / scripts out there are for the "Click to Run" version.

 

I just want to install across my site. I've got the KMS all setup and tried using a Office 2013 script but its not worked.

 

Asside from building a new workstation image with it on, I'm now stumped!

 

Has anyone had any success?

Posted
I've got the iso from VLSC. Where would I find the MSI?
Posted

Although the (VLSC) Office 2016 installer is MSI-based you can't actually use the MSIs to install the software.

 

The process to deploy 2016 without SCCM would be the same as it was for Office 2013. Create an MSP with the OCT and then run Setup.exe via a startup script (after checking it isn't currently installed).

 

See pages 5-10 of the following PDF for details on how to do the first part.

 

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/How-to-Deploying-Office-dc4e6d04

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...