rich_tech Posted October 5, 2015 Posted October 5, 2015 Hello All, I have fallen out a bit with spiceworks, as even though I have turned off the majority of scanning, it appears to be giving our network a bit of a kicking in places and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a better network inventory scanning software ? thats primarily all I use spiceworks for is our IT Asset Inventory in its current guise. Thanks, Richard
FN-GM Posted October 5, 2015 Posted October 5, 2015 How about this script? http://www.edugeek.net/forums/scripts/32287-inventory-your-network.html 1
rich_tech Posted October 5, 2015 Author Posted October 5, 2015 fair play, that looks infinitely better and lighter than spiceworks
siuko Posted October 5, 2015 Posted October 5, 2015 I switched from Spiceworks to lansweeper free version It isn't as feature rich - but just for inventory of the network its perfect
rich_tech Posted October 5, 2015 Author Posted October 5, 2015 cant see a link to a free version here, it wants $300 a year :/
siuko Posted October 5, 2015 Posted October 5, 2015 When you install Lansweeper it is a trail version but will revert to the free version - it does have limitations - but just for scanning computers we have found it useful Read this > Freeware and trial limitations
bitznpcz Posted October 5, 2015 Posted October 5, 2015 I use PDQ Inventory for Software Inventory (alongside PDQ Deploy for pushing out updates). I'm sure it also does Hardware Inventory too, but never used this feature.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now