Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Not sure if this is the right place for this question or not.

 

I have create a Gold Image as a HyperV VM so that I can take snapshots before sysprep & capture so I can easily go back if I need to.

 

I am trying to set the image so that the default is that the machine will not go to sleep or turn of hard disks or display.

In the control panel of the VM I can go to power options and set turn off hard disks to Never. Turn off display to Never but I cant see "Change when the Computer sleeps".

 

When I deploy the image onto a physical machine and I log in as a user. After 20 minutes idle the machine goes to sleep. I don't want this to happen. Why isn't that option available in the VM?

Posted

I'm guessing it's linked to drivers as had it missing before when not using certain drivers, but why not just deploy it via GPO? That way no need to change anything on image/VM

 

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...