edutech4schools Posted July 22, 2015 Posted July 22, 2015 I need to take a system state backup once a week to a local drive (not our only backup by the way) and I need it to run via task scheduler, but have found two commands while Googling that seem to do the same thing, or do they. One of the bat files I have found starts with wbadmin start backup .............. but another site has it as wbadmin enable backup .............. I would guess I should use start but never having used a script to run the backup, thought I had better check.
Steve21 Posted July 22, 2015 Posted July 22, 2015 Start does a one-time run. Enable turns on the built-in backup scheduler If you're using schedule task just use the start one Steve 1
edutech4schools Posted July 22, 2015 Author Posted July 22, 2015 Any reason why this is not running In Task Scheduler / actions (program / script) I have wbadmin and in (add arguments) I have start systemstatebackup -backupTarget:Y: [-quiet] When I run the task it just says starting.
Steve21 Posted July 22, 2015 Posted July 22, 2015 Who's it running under? As in is Y mapped for that user and they have access to it? e.g. System user wouldn't What's OS is the server as can't backup to remote drives in some old ones for statebackup. Steve
edutech4schools Posted July 22, 2015 Author Posted July 22, 2015 Y drive is a partition on the local server which is 2008r2. I am running it under (for testing) my domain admin acc.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now