fiza Posted June 26, 2015 Posted June 26, 2015 Has anyone successfully got this working on their school student machines? Does anyone know which applications I need to allow on the server so that the client can see the licence server? It only seems to work if I disable the firewall. Does anyone know how to change the trail directory? As soon as I launch CREO Parametrics logged in as a student it tells me to "Choose a start Directory" as I have "No write access to c:\windows". I thought I had to edit config.pro file and change the line "trail_dir" to point to the users home drive ie trail_dir H:\ but it made no difference. I still got asked again when I reluanched the program. Any help would be appreciated.
ass17 Posted June 27, 2015 Posted June 27, 2015 We are working just fine. We don't enable windows firewall, I will check the trail dir on Monday for you.
fiza Posted June 30, 2015 Author Posted June 30, 2015 We are working just fine. We don't enable windows firewall, I will check the trail dir on Monday for you. @ass17 Did you check your config.pro file? Also I was talking about the Firewall on the Server not on the client as we disable that one.
ass17 Posted June 30, 2015 Posted June 30, 2015 Hi sorry didn't get chance on Monday as we are preparing for end of term, I'm back in a Wednesday so will take a look then for you
ass17 Posted June 30, 2015 Posted June 30, 2015 I've just checked on one of the PCs at work and in the config.pro trail_dir is set to: $TEMP 1
ass17 Posted June 30, 2015 Posted June 30, 2015 I'm pretty sure it that translates to windows temp dir
fiza Posted June 30, 2015 Author Posted June 30, 2015 I've just checked on one of the PCs at work and in the config.pro trail_dir is set to: $TEMP Yeh that's how mine was set but that is what gives the access denied error.
ass17 Posted June 30, 2015 Posted June 30, 2015 I'm pretty sure $TEMP is an environment variable for the windows temp folder, we give read/write to staff and pupils to this folder.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now