Kineas Posted June 3, 2015 Posted June 3, 2015 I have a user trying to use Clip Art at the moment, shocking I know. When she's searching for something in clip art it's showing a mixture of results both from Bing and pictures that are saved locally. When she uses a local picture, it inserts fine. When she's trying to use an online picture, it doesn't insert. Instead of displaying the image, it just inserts what appears to be an icon of a html file displaying the icon of whatever the default internet browser is, in this case Google Chrome. I have tried right clicking on the online picture to make it available offline and it's still the same.
Alfred_Bester Posted June 3, 2015 Posted June 3, 2015 Microsoft have nixed Clip Art I am afraid. They want you to you Bing images or something similar, such as Google images.
elsiegee40 Posted June 3, 2015 Posted June 3, 2015 Microsoft have nixed Clip Art I am afraid. They want you to you Bing images or something similar, such as Google images. That's right. If you have an old XP clip art disk, you can install that and then limit image searches so they don't search the web.
jmak Posted June 3, 2015 Posted June 3, 2015 (edited) That's right. If you have an old XP clip art disk, you can install that and then limit image searches so they don't search the web. I looked at this for one of our users, but got distracted before I completed the task. What is "installed" exactly? I started by copying the files from the XP clip art disk, but realised that it's very big and also not standard graphics file formats, so on obviously needs indexing in some way so as to be searchable from Word. Can you enlighten me as to what steps I'm missing please? Edited June 3, 2015 by jmak
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now