markyboy Posted May 12, 2015 Posted May 12, 2015 I have managed to lock down majority of the spellcheck options in word 2013 using info from this site however one thing still eludes me and that is the status bar at the bottom of word. I have used GPP to insert a reg entry into the exam accounts that removes all the options from the status bar but the pupils can still right click and re-instate them, so does anyone know how I can either stop them right clicking in word or removing the status bar altogether.
jim_potter Posted May 12, 2015 Posted May 12, 2015 I've just been looking at this myself... I have created a MSP file for Office with spellcheck removed, and applied it to the machines I'm using for exams. The only issue is knowing if its deployed correctly on that machine in time for the exam, but it seems to work. Hope that helps. Jim 1
FN-GM Posted May 12, 2015 Posted May 12, 2015 Have you considered Word Pad for the job? They will never turn it on because it doesn't exist within the product.
Arthur Posted May 12, 2015 Posted May 12, 2015 (edited) Have you considered WordPad for the job? No autosave in WordPad. We had a student taking an exam a few weeks ago where Word's autosave feature managed to successfully save the document they were working on before their laptop stopped working. They were relieved to say the least. Edited May 12, 2015 by Arthur
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now