Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I am trying to remove a tutor from a tutor group who has now left, and add another member of staff to that tutor group as a replacement. I've gone into FOCUS | SCHOOL | PASTORAL STRUCTURE | CURRENT STRUCTURE and made the necessary changes, but the new staff member still cannot see the tutorial register appear in her timeline. The tutor group itself still shows up as being assigned to the previous tutor.

 

I'm not sure what else to try! Any ideas?

 

Thanks in advance.

Posted

Is the register you're expecting the AM / PM session? This is the one linked to the pastoral structure.

If you have a timetabled lesson for Reg, the change needs to be reflected in the timetable, so NovaT or other program.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

I might be tempted to see if the end user (teacher?) has two accounts in system manger? select ALL when searching.....

I have seen where the account is a duplicate and the account in use is a "user" whereas the other account is more correctly a teacher, employee, and user. Make the wrong account inactive and get the staff member to use the correct one. It happens when the System Manager account is set up without linking to the Personnel account

HTH

Posted (edited)
Is the register you're expecting the AM / PM session? This is the one linked to the pastoral structure.

If you have a timetabled lesson for Reg, the change needs to be reflected in the timetable, so NovaT or other program.

 

The tutorial session is not linked to the AM mark, as Period 1 has that designation. It's a timetabled lesson, so I'll speak to our timetabler and see if the change has been reflected in Nova-T.

 

Thanks!

Edited by ilsley_SIMS
Posted (edited)
I might be tempted to see if the end user (teacher?) has two accounts in system manger? select ALL when searching.....

I have seen where the account is a duplicate and the account in use is a "user" whereas the other account is more correctly a teacher, employee, and user. Make the wrong account inactive and get the staff member to use the correct one. It happens when the System Manager account is set up without linking to the Personnel account

HTH

 

I went down this route myself last week just to make sure there weren't two accounts in the mix, but all was fine on that front as the teacher in question correctly has one account only.

Edited by ilsley_SIMS
Posted
It definitely needs changing in Nova-T. We use vertical tutor groups and I always have to change it in two places, both on the timetable and in Pastoral Structure.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
It definitely needs changing in Nova-T. We use vertical tutor groups and I always have to change it in two places, both on the timetable and in Pastoral Structure.

 

I've just confirmed this too with the timetabler, who has now assigned the new teacher to the relevant block in Nova-T. All is fixed now! :-)

 

Thanks guys!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...