penfold Posted April 24, 2015 Posted April 24, 2015 (edited) A few years ago I created a database which started up in form view and only allowed you to navigate the forms part of access but not go into the tables etc behind it. I think if you held shift down it opened the database up as normal and you could then edit the tables and design etc. Now I want to create a new database which provides pretty much the same facility but I can't remember how I did it or what I searched for to get it working. Basically I have a database which I want users to be able to add content into, but in a way that they just click on the menu I create and then close it down without getting access to the back end. I am not bothered about permissions at this stage as it is only basic information but I would just like to have some basic restrictions for regular users so they don't accidentally delete something they shouldn't. I've changed the start up to the Form I want and unchecked the Enable Layout View, but the option to change the design is still available. Am I missing something? Edit: I've managed to do more or less what I am trying to do by going to File>Current Database>Navigation Options and unselect what I don't want displayed. However, I can just open the file up and reselect them to add them again. I would preferably like this to only be available by holding Shift on opening if I can. Edited April 24, 2015 by penfold
penfold Posted April 24, 2015 Author Posted April 24, 2015 I just realised that I only want users to be able to create a new record which I have done using a macro, but there is still the option of clicking on the filtering option on the Form. It them allows the user to see all the records which I don't want to happen. Is there anyway I can have it so it will only show the new record and now give the option of un-filtering? If I can't get it so it will onyl allow a user to submit a new entry I probably won't be able to do what I had thought. I know I could look at doing a web entry but to be honest I haven't got a server set up and probably don't have the skills either. I thought knocking up a quick database would be fairly straight forward which it was until I hit this snag.
spadam Posted April 26, 2015 Posted April 26, 2015 There is a setting in access to limit a form to new records only.. Off the top of my head I think its in the properties under data... But Google it if you can't find it 1
penfold Posted April 27, 2015 Author Posted April 27, 2015 Thanks, I found this over the weekend..How to open Form in Add record
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now