Gilly2003 Posted March 3, 2015 Posted March 3, 2015 Hi all, not much experience with sonicwall so hoping someone can help. Ours was setup last year by an IT solutions company who also suggested we use it as our internet filtering tool platform as well, so not knowing any better we gave the go ahead and after a few months with no problems we have had to start rebooting the sonicwall as its freezes for no apparent reason which cuts off all our internet as well as VPN's to other sites. Anyone heard of it doing this before? When it happens I cant even login to it and of course after i reboot it there is nothing in the logs to say what has happened.......
Roberto Posted March 3, 2015 Posted March 3, 2015 Hi all, not much experience with sonicwall so hoping someone can help. Ours was setup last year by an IT solutions company who also suggested we use it as our internet filtering tool platform as well, so not knowing any better we gave the go ahead and after a few months with no problems we have had to start rebooting the sonicwall as its freezes for no apparent reason which cuts off all our internet as well as VPN's to other sites. Anyone heard of it doing this before? When it happens I cant even login to it and of course after i reboot it there is nothing in the logs to say what has happened....... What model of Sonicwall? Have you tried updating the firmware?
Gilly2003 Posted March 3, 2015 Author Posted March 3, 2015 Its a TZ 210 If Im honest I havnt as I wasnt sure if that involved downtime, in which I need to plan when....
FN-GM Posted March 3, 2015 Posted March 3, 2015 Its a TZ 210 If Im honest I havnt as I wasnt sure if that involved downtime, in which I need to plan when.... It will take a few minutes. Probably less downtime than you are facing with the freezing issue.
Gilly2003 Posted March 3, 2015 Author Posted March 3, 2015 next problem is because the solutions company setup the sonicwall i dont have login details for the mysonicwall.com site to do the firmware upgrade. I have exported settings and created a backup following the steps on their site, now stuck lol I wonder is registration free...
RobD Posted March 3, 2015 Posted March 3, 2015 If you call them, 800.028.0488 or +44 193.257.3929 they'll ask for your serial and from there should be able to change your account.
Gilly2003 Posted March 6, 2015 Author Posted March 6, 2015 didnt realise you can download the firmware through the admin view on the sonic wall itself, done it this morning and booted the new firmware. only thing thats changed is I now have to access the admin view through IE rather than firefox as the certificates are reading with an error. hopefully this will stop the freezing as it happened twice yesterday thanks all, will let you know the results
Gilly2003 Posted March 12, 2015 Author Posted March 12, 2015 morning all, unfortunetly still having this issue even with the firmware update. When it happens it wont show the login screen for admin, completly unresponsive. Once restarted there is then no system logs to even view what might have happened!! Anyone any other ideas?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now