DarrelT Posted December 7, 2007 Posted December 7, 2007 I have created a thinstation.conf.buildtime file with storage_path and storage_config entries specified, and with net_file_enabled=on. The result is that at boot time clients read a local thinstation.conf.user file if present, otherwise they read the thinstation.conf.network file. Is there a way to change the order in which thinstation.conf files are read, so that under normalcircumstances, clients read the network file first, but if this is unavailable, clients will revert to a local file on the HDD?
CyberNerd Posted December 7, 2007 Posted December 7, 2007 IIRC the default is the local buildtime file unless a thinstation.conf.network file is present. you can override the thinstation.conf.network by using thinstation.conf.IPADDRESS or thinstation.conf.MACADDRESS in the tftp root. It's been a while since I dabbled with this so unless anyone else can be more definitive I'd refer you to the thinstation mailing list
DarrelT Posted December 7, 2007 Author Posted December 7, 2007 IIRC the default is the local buildtime file unless a thinstation.conf.network file is present. you can override the thinstation.conf.network by using thinstation.conf.IPADDRESS or thinstation.conf.MACADDRESS in the tftp root. It's been a while since I dabbled with this so unless anyone else can be more definitive I'd refer you to the thinstation mailing list Thanks for the speedy response CyberNerd. Tests I have caried out indicate that if the both the network and local file are present, the local file takes precedence, which appears to be the opposite of your experience. I wonder if there is a way to specify thinstation.conf file precedence?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now