Gardinho Posted February 22, 2015 Posted February 22, 2015 Hi chaps, Newbie to Linux here. I have got a mysql database for Kodi running on my Synology NAS drive, which also holds all of my movies/media. In my house I have got a Windows 8 Intel NUC in the lounge, & an Ubuntu (latest release) PC in the bedroom. I have got everything setup and working perfectly together. The problem I have is trying to launch Kodi on startup. I can get it to launch fine, but it can't access my Movies and TV shows & db. I have to launch Kodi from Terminal using Sudo command to get it to access all my media. Is there a way round this? Thanks in advance. Gardinho
powdarrmonkey Posted February 23, 2015 Posted February 23, 2015 What exactly do you do when you start it manually?
Gardinho Posted February 23, 2015 Author Posted February 23, 2015 run 'sudo kodi' from the terminal command, it works properly. Run 'kodi' from the terminal command it opens without access to my data.
Gardinho Posted May 29, 2015 Author Posted May 29, 2015 I did. I had to reset the permissions on the kodi directories as they had been removed when I transferred the data. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now