Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello,

 

I have a 4 page Word Doucment (Word 2010) and I want to have a unique number on page 1 of the document every time it's printed.

 

Example: I print 10 copies of the document and I want Word to automatically generate a unique number on page 1 so I can keep track of who receives the document.

 

I will record the name of the person who receives the document by recording the unique number generated every time the doc is printed.

 

Can I do this in Word?

 

Thanks,

 

techman.

Edited by techman
more detail in post
Posted
A mail merge would do this for you. A spreadsheet with names an numbers on it as the data source would keep a record of who is matched to which number and then just include the number on the document as a merge field.
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...