Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Good afternoon Edugeeks!

 

I'm stuck on an issue which has been going on for a while now and I am sorry to say I am no closer to solving. It started a few months ago where users (both staff and students) were complaining that their office programs were constantly configuring when opening any of the programs.

 

Essentially, the user opens word or any other office program it immediately tries to configure it. Even when the user closes that instance of word and opens another instantly afterwards it goes back to the configuration windows. Obviously this is wasting 5 minutes or so each time.

 

I have replicated the issue on a virtual machine and cannot for the life of me fix the issue. I have tried numerous fixes, regedit hacks, Microsoft fixit for me's and nothing seems to work. I have followed these steps int he process:

 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528748

THE REAL SOLUTION! configuring microsoft office professional plus 2010 Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

 

 

However, one thing I have found is if the user runs the program as administrator it seems to work fine. The obvious implication of this is that I can't give every user administrative privileges. Does anyone have any ideas?

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...