adamyoung Posted January 4, 2006 Posted January 4, 2006 when trying to install nero 5 express, it keeps saying that Installshield Scripting Run Time is not installed on this machine. I installed it manually and it still doesnt work, tried it on several machines, same nero software installs no probs on my comp. InstallShield support is useless and Nero's is non existant! Any ideas?
ZeroHour Posted January 6, 2006 Posted January 6, 2006 You got the right version? Is the nero 5 installer a single msi that extracts contents or does it have iiscript.msi in the dir? Try that installer
ajbritton Posted January 6, 2006 Posted January 6, 2006 Also, be aware that there are different minor versions of ISScript. By which I mean that there are different releases of partitcular versions. I had this problem with a particular app which needed (I think) ISScript9. I downloaded what I thought was the latest version from InstallShield web site but the app still would not install. I had to install the version of ISScript9 that came on the disk with the app. When I examined the MSI files, the version was slightly different. The other annoying thing about the different ISScript versions is that they share the same MSI product code.
Richie1972 Posted April 21, 2006 Posted April 21, 2006 You can use an MSI editing program (Orca from MS is free) and change the product code, then you can install every version of ISScript on your pc - push it out through GPO, so that you don't have to push it out again with other apps
ajbritton Posted April 21, 2006 Posted April 21, 2006 You can use an MSI editing program (Orca from MS is free) and change the product code, then you can install every version of ISScript on your pc - push it out through GPO, so that you don't have to push it out again with other apps Yes, I've tried that in the past, but I don't think it would allow you to install say ISScript 8 and ISScript 8.1 (for example) as these would deliver files with the same names to the same locations.
Richie1972 Posted April 21, 2006 Posted April 21, 2006 I'm just having a version of each eg 7,8,9,10,11 and if any software causes a problem (not found one yet) then I'll try and edit the MSI
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now