Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All

 

I have a strange phenomenon with printing, not previously experienced. I suspect its a driver issue, I have contacted OKI Tech Support but I am "Waiting for them to call back".

 

I have installed an OKI C301 (unfortunately we have 3 of these) printer on a print server (tried 2008R2 and 2012R2), the port is the IP address of the print device, prints perfectly. Installed the printer on one of the client computers (tried both Windows 8.1 and Windows 7), the port is the IP adress of the print device, prints perfectly.

 

If I change the client port to \\Server\ShareName (which is whats required) it errors after around 15 seconds with "Could not connect shared printer to port". I have tried 3 different drivers in various combinations with the same error.

 

Has anyone else ever experienced this error and, was it fixable.

 

Cheers

Paul

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...