yhttech Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 Hi. I have an issue with GPOs processing. I am getting event ID 1058 in my event logs - The processing of GP failed, Windows attempted to read the file \\domain\sysvol\domain\policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini and was not successful. I can click on the link in the event viewer and browse to it, as well as browse to the location both from the client machine and the domain controllers. Both my domain controllers pass all DCDIAG checks. The policy this GUID refers to is the default domain policy, otherwise I'd just delete it and recreate it. Anybody have any ideas?
benjaminstevens93 Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 Only thing I can recommend is checking the permissions. You might be able to browse to it (read) but not write. Also make sure the Distributed File System client is not disabled.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now