Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've been passed an excel file which is running macros one of which is used to do a validation check against the data and then save it. But when running this it seems to take ages to perform the function. There have been other reported instances of slowness/crashing but could never be traced as it was happening with various files. It seems when I look in event viewer I can see Event ID 1003 The Software Protection service has completed licensing status check. is running when I run the macro. We are running a KMS server and as far as I can see the machines are activated but I'm not sure if this licensing check is related or not. I've read that this shouldn't be happening as often as it is and I'm thinking that when it is performing this check the user is interrupted causing delays or crashes. Any ideas?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...