Sheridan Posted September 26, 2014 Posted September 26, 2014 I've got an odd problem with VirtualBox. I created a VM on a PC to use as a Python Development environment. I've copied this to another PC with the exact same version of Virtualbox on it - and it will run fine through the VB gui - however when I run it through vboxsdl (which is how students will do it) all I get is a fairly long error that ultimately says SDL Error: No available video device Not even sure how to go about fixing that, as it does run fine directly through the gui? Anyone got any ideas or a better way to stick a vm onto a suite full of PCs! I used this method on the old XP ones and it worked fine, but we've rebuilt a new vm for the Windows7 suites.
Steve21 Posted September 26, 2014 Posted September 26, 2014 Are you copying the whole folder for the VM? We did it originally as exporting as an application thingy via VB then reimport it on the new pcs as part of the install process, not sure if that'll make a difference but it sets it up for that machine etc. Steve
Sheridan Posted September 26, 2014 Author Posted September 26, 2014 I did it a similar way - created it on one machine, then copied the whole folder over, then added the vm to the VB on the new machine. I think something else must be wrong as it won't run under vboxsdl at all, and if I set the disk to immutable it won't start in the gui either. I think I'll have to rebuild this one from scratch!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now