penfold Posted September 19, 2014 Posted September 19, 2014 We've got a problem where we have some users who can open 2 excel documents fine, but when they try to open a third page it either doesn't open up properly resulting in a blank page or seems to crash. Upon retrying excel either shows the restore file option and opens it up properly or it just opens the file normally. I can't seem to replicate the problem to find out what is causing the issue (I opened about 7 files no problem before I swapped a machine this morning and have just had a call to say the problem still exists). Users in different department have reported the issue so they are accessing different files. Office is installed on our image so I am tempted to think it may have been an issue on the initial install but not all users are reporting the problem. The only thing I can think of is a fresh install of office but has anyone else had experience of this?
penfold Posted February 23, 2015 Author Posted February 23, 2015 We are still getting minor reports for this if anyone can offer any suggestions?
penfold Posted June 30, 2015 Author Posted June 30, 2015 Just re-raising this in case anyone can chip in with anything. The original solution was to disable an PDF add on which was on Excel. However, I've just had a user come back to me today and report that they are getting the same problem again. This time, they had 1 file open and the second one was opening from their download folder but still had some problems. Again the problem is intermittant but it has been quiet for a while. All add-ons have been disabled. Anyone have any ideas?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now