Koldov Posted September 15, 2014 Posted September 15, 2014 Hi All, Just a really quick shout out! I haven't searched here or researched this on t'interweb thingy yet as I've only just been told it's happening... Over the holiday I put 7 on the ICT suite pc's, the server hold the home drive for the pupils and was fine for this class last year, it is not a newly created profile or home folder. All I've been told is that when the children double click to open their own folder they have created inside the home folder it just disappears! Does anybody know what may cause this?! Kol.
round2it Posted September 15, 2014 Posted September 15, 2014 is this linked to the desktop.ini issue delete the desktop.ini file from the home folder and see if it comes back our homefolders appear to get renamed to my documents due to the desktop.ini file worth a look sorry if im on the wrong path
Koldov Posted September 15, 2014 Author Posted September 15, 2014 @round2it - I've had a quick look on their home drive through the server and on the 1 or 2 individual folders that are left in there, but couldn't see any desktop.ini files anywhere... Just to clarify, I have gone for local profiles on these machines. We only have 13 (!) classes and they create a local profile under their class name when they log on to each local machine. Then they just save their work to a mapped home drive (H:\). Does anybody see any issue with this set-up? 30 instances of the same user (class name) logging on to 30 different pc's... Is there some limit? Do you think this is why I'm having this problem? I log-on as admin to all the machines quite frequently and have never had a problem... Kol.
Koldov Posted September 16, 2014 Author Posted September 16, 2014 Are the folders hidden? Do you mean have I got 'show hidden files, folders and drives' ticked in the folder view options? Yes, I have and I can see a thumbs.db file, so I know it's working.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now