Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

hey ppl, we have a bunch of the Express 500 switches which I cannot get into due to the previous tech not leaving any docs on login info. I don't even have the IP addys but I'm working on that thanks to the guys on my other post ;) I guess I need to know since the Express 500 doesn't have a console port is there a way to reset the username/password without losing the config? I found this link but not quite sure if it also blows out the config. Any help on this is appreciated.

 

Ref: User Guide for the Catalyst Express 500 Switches, 12.2(25)FY - Troubleshooting [Cisco Catalyst Express 500 Series Switches] - Cisco

 

-J

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Update: I now have the Express 500 IP but still cannot reset password :( there was one Youtube video out there which I thought would do the trick but didn't work. Anyone have experience with these switches?

 

-J

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...