themightymrp Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 OK, need help here. Struggling mightily to get the smb share access to work with Moodle. I tried posting on the Moodle forums a few months back but after getting one initial response I got no further help Somebody out there needs to tell me what I've got wrong!!!!!! Running Moodle 2.6 (build 20131224) on a Windows 2008 Server Installed the LDAP Capture plugin (version 2013012300) and set that to be the main authentication type. Installed smb web client (plus Cygwin) version 2014032400. I've configured all of the ldap settings and they work (at least, they recognise users login details correctly!). When I set my windows share settings, all I get it a window that opens up with a small toolbar along the top and a dropdown menu asking to create a new folder. The actual directory is blank! I've tried entering the share name multiple ways i.e. //server/share, //server.fqdn/share - NOTHING I've tried enabling debug mode and...... nothing! Not even an error message! Has anybody got a 100% working version of moodle with the smb block that runs off a Windows server - not Linux? Cos I really could do with some pointers
themightymrp Posted July 8, 2014 Author Posted July 8, 2014 Additional note - using the command prompt on the server I can successfully connect to shares using smbclient.exe //server/share -U username
themightymrp Posted July 9, 2014 Author Posted July 9, 2014 Anybody got any hints/tips I could at least try?
themightymrp Posted July 9, 2014 Author Posted July 9, 2014 OK, I've got further!! I can make it work But it's not 100% perfect. This is what I have done to get where I am: In IIS - changed the authentication on the moodle site folder (so site wide) to have Anonymous and Basic enabled. On the 'Auth' subfolder I have only got Windows Authentication enabled. I am also using LDAP Server plugin. Reasons to follow. When using this setup I can login to moodle, click my home drive link and I get a password box popup. I enter my username and password again (no need for domain\ or domain/ as a prefix) and this gets my into my files Test on IE10, IE11 and Firefox so far. I tried using the LDAP Capture plugin instead of LDAP Server (to avoid the popup) but then I was back to getting a blank page?? Based on the above, can anyone suggest a refinement to get it working without the additional popup box? Thanks kindly
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now