GoodheadDC Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 We have a requirement to send out reg keys to a pc. I want to use preference targeting on just that pc name. As the reg keys are many levels down you can set the targeting on any level. Should I just add the target info at the top of the "Collection Item" or just the auto login settings at the bottom of the tree or on every bit of the tree? I don't want to duplicate if I don't need to. Dan
themightymrp Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 Not fully following your method but... On the item level targeting of the registry preference(s) you are deploying, rather than using the Collection Item, can you not just add a target of Computer Name = xxx ?
GoodheadDC Posted July 8, 2014 Author Posted July 8, 2014 I know how to target the pc. Its just knowing how many times I need to set it as can be set at top of a collection or on the keys them selves. Not fully following your method but... On the item level targeting of the registry preference(s) you are deploying, rather than using the Collection Item, can you not just add a target of Computer Name = xxx ?
themightymrp Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 Ok sorry, I just haven't used that method personally
ADMaster Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 The top of the collection should be the only place you need it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now