Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All

 

Trying to work out where I should be looking for a temp file for a Word doc that hasn't been saved. The original was on a network share, Server 2008 R2. I've tried using restore previous version and the last saved version was in March, but the user has "done loads of work on it" in the last week.. :doh: The original file was over-saved with a different document altogether on Friday :doh: :doh:

 

My query is where should I be looking? On the server where the share is, or on the local machine of the user who was editting it? If on the server, will it be in the directory where the original was held or in the C: drive?

 

The user has low expectations, but I'm feeling helpful today!

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...