Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I have a package I've created for deployment on an RM network which uses an exe to install but have had to create a cmd script for the uninstall as need to run multiple MSI's to remove this fully and cleanly.

 

The script works fine on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit computers and does complete successfully on Windows 8.1 64-bit computers but is reported back to the RM Assignment Overview console as failing however, don't think this is RM related as this console simple reports back what Windows is telling it and the script appears to be uninstalling what it should be anyway.

 

I can't see anything helpful in the event log and already have each msiexec command piping out to a log file but again, there doesn't appear to be any indication as to why it's reporting this back as failed.

 

I can only think that Windows 8.x maybe has a different execution policy which is treating this process differently....?

 

RM won't support script-based packages so can't get help there unfortunately.

 

Any ideas?

Posted
pushd "%~dp0"
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {7F6C4883-A18C-459A-82C1-A2F9403F2DA6} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0015-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0018-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0019-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-001A-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-001F-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {1F79A96A-2A70-45B3-8A5C-79DA61952879} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-001F-040C-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {9BB6CB7C-80E3-4F73-8A82-E3D88A3721BE} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-001F-0C0A-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {64B94D95-B6EC-4E25-832F-D15B13ACFB0C} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-002A-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {7A8FE9A6-2BBC-48F7-A2CF-2578F60EC895} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-002A-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D6102DAA-7EB4-4E95-A58B-613078A242B0} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-002C-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {14584904-277D-4E54-88E8-7705B774B526} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0044-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-006E-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {0489F084-D6CB-46CE-BFA3-C142E7278864} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0090-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-00A1-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-00BA-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-00E1-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-00E2-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0115-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {0489F084-D6CB-46CE-BFA3-C142E7278864} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0116-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D6102DAA-7EB4-4E95-A58B-613078A242B0} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-0117-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
msiexec.exe /quiet /package {90150000-012B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {D0389590-F29B-4C3D-8CC1-E10BD7581DA4} /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" /l+ c:\temp\Office2013sp1_uninst.txt
popd

Posted

Hello,

I’ve no experience with RM but here goes.

Try adding

Exit 0

To the end of your batch file.

The script should always return successful, the only down side is you really won’t know if there is an error.

Does RM have a way to check if the software was removed, use that as validation if it does.

 

Cheers.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

As mentioned, I don't think this is RM related so your suggestion may well work. It's obviously Windows reporting back slightly differently on Windows 8.x than it does on Windows 7 for the same process.

 

I'll let you know.

Posted
Smashing job. The above suggestion worked thanks. I know this will always return a success and maybe using just "Exit" without a code will work but the script is calling multiple MSI's so if these fail I can check the log that's being written to which I specified at the end of each line. Just means a manual check but will be a rare occurrence that it needs to be removed anyway. I just like to be able to control this and tidy up after.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...