ADMaster Posted April 9, 2014 Posted April 9, 2014 Hello, I have one user’s PC that webpages will go black. She is using windows 7 and IE10. The content area of the page is black but the menu, address bar, and taskbar are all fine. She can minimize and the desktop is fine. I was able to close IE and reopen and it seemed to work for me. I have asked her to use chrome for now. This has happened to her two days in a row. Everything I found on the subject seems to indicate a problem with NVidia graphics drivers however this PC has integrated Intel HD graphics. It has only happened on a few sites, but is not consistently reproducible. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this one? Thanks,
6Foot2 Posted April 9, 2014 Posted April 9, 2014 Has she tried logging on at another machine?/Can you reproduce the issue at another station? If yes does she have a roaming profile? If yes again what we would try here is deleting the profile and let the network recreate it next time she logs on. Taking this approach cured a problem we had with one user where white text was displayed on a black background in Office.
ADMaster Posted April 9, 2014 Author Posted April 9, 2014 No roaming profiles here. She is a receptionist so has an all in one desktop. It's not really feasible to move her to another station. I could back up her documents (because you know they're on the network where they should be) and re create her local profile. But I'd prefer that be a last resort. It would be easier to troubleshoot if it was consistent. Today she told me it happened after she clicked a drop down list on the site. When I'm looking at the screen and ask her to show me, it worked fine.
6Foot2 Posted April 9, 2014 Posted April 9, 2014 When it does go black is it one particular site that triggers the change or could it happen when going site? [Does it appear to be random?]
ZeroHour Posted April 9, 2014 Posted April 9, 2014 Try turning "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" on in Internet Options->Advanced to see if its a driver bug.
ADMaster Posted April 15, 2014 Author Posted April 15, 2014 Thanks for all the suggestions. Naturally I went to see the user yesterday and all is well again even in IE. I think if / when it happens again my first check will be the software rendering.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now