TheGoodGuy Posted February 28, 2014 Posted February 28, 2014 I am looking for a way to power on and shut down computers, would be easiest managed through SCCM. Anyone out there do this? If so, how?
fiza Posted February 28, 2014 Posted February 28, 2014 I use Remote Group Policy Update Gpupdate | Specops Gpupdate Enable WOL on the machines and then just highlight the ones I want in AD, right click, shutdown, start or restart.
clareq Posted February 28, 2014 Posted February 28, 2014 I plan on using SCCM for this, come our new domain. It's done through Power Management, found under Administration - Client Settings.
TheGoodGuy Posted February 28, 2014 Author Posted February 28, 2014 I plan on using SCCM for this, come our new domain. It's done through Power Management, found under Administration - Client Settings. I went to that but didn't see any settings for starting and shutting down groups of computers.
TheGoodGuy Posted February 28, 2014 Author Posted February 28, 2014 The closest thing I have found so far is a console extension. https://sites.google.com/site/configmgrextensions/home 1
Gatt Posted February 28, 2014 Posted February 28, 2014 I have done something similar in SCCM - using Power Management to set the PCs to hibernate at a certain time of night and to wakeup and specific time of the morning In SCCM 2012 R2 it's part of the Device Collection properties here:
TheGoodGuy Posted March 19, 2014 Author Posted March 19, 2014 Can the wake-up part work when computers are powered off?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now